Monday, September 30, 2013

Broke and Bored, installment 2

Happy Monday! Hope you enjoyed your weekend, mine wasn't to exciting. Sometimes I prefer a low-key weekend with minimal plans than always having something to do.

Today is the second installment of Broke and Bored, I started this series last week with a DIY studded purse, see HERE. I will be living la vida broka for some time and I'm so bored with all my clothes and house decor that I have to jazz things up. I have lots of ideas and hope that you can find some inspiration to DIY yourself something and save a buck.

Now, on to some fun...

I DIY'ed my old cotton ball and Q-tips containers with some gold. I'm obsessed with all things gold, and can't think of a place where it doesn't belong. I've had these simple candle holders from the dollar store for years now, and realized that they needed something.


So, in comes Rub and Buff...



Clean and dry the entire surface and tape off what you want to keep clear. 


This was the first time I ever used this product and was really impressed with the outcome. Just put on a small about with your fingers and rub until it has luster. It is pretty grainy and it will smooth out the more you rub it. 

Goldfinger!!!


The finished product, I'm really happy! 

this thing couldn't stand a chance...


LOVE IT!!!





















2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love these! I'm going to have to get some of that rub and buff. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The stuff is fun and addicting...my car might be gold before I can stop myself, LOL!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!