Monday, June 24, 2013

DIY Headband and my past weekend...

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend, mine had a little work with some fun and excitement squeezed in! I've been in a crafty DIY kind of mood lately, there's so much that I have lined up to do and I'm excited to share them with you.

This past weekend was my dear friend, Jen's birthday. Jen is one of the most amazing, caring, and giving people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She is part of my Colorado family and I truly feel blessed to have her in my life. I knew I wanted to make her a headband for her birthday to add a little pizazz to her birthday festivities that she always has lined up. She's defiantly a little hippy and I knew this would fit her personality perfect, and I also made one for myself.

Happy Birthday, Jen! I love you!!!


I got to debut my headband on Saturday at the OAR concert at Red Rocks with Boo. Red Rocks is constantly named one of the best venues in the country, if not the world. The place is pure magic, beautiful and stunning, a place that has to be visited! I've been there for hiking and the summer series Film on the Rocks, but this was my first concert and it was phenomenal! Boo and I had such a great time, we look forward to going back for more shows.


Start with small fake flowers and leather lace.


Measure leather 38" and cut 3 strands. Tie a knot at one end and braid, secure with another knot at the end. 


                                         

Hot glue flowers, however many as you wish. 





Secure around head with small knot or bobby pins.




I hope you all are enjoying your summer and getting a chance to explore and have fun!!!












1 comment:

  1. It's SO you, I love it! Keep doing great things! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!