Monday, June 17, 2013

Black Bean Corn Salad and a thinking of Dad...

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you enjoyed your weekend and had an opportunity to spoil the great dads out there. My dad lives about 1000 miles away from us, so Liam and I sent out cards, pictures, and drawings last week for him. The last time we visited was during fall and we had the chance to go to the apple orchard, it was so fun and Liam still talks about our time spent there with Grandpa. We love and miss you Dad!



I've made this salad a couple times now and I am totally in love with it, thinks it probably going to be a staple in my fridge all summer long. Its so good and really easy to make, I plan on taking it to a few BBQs this summer. You can switch out the beans for whatever you fancy, I've used black beans and garbanzos; its totally up to you. 

I used all organic ingredients, its one of those recipes that you can afford to make all organic. Which will make anyone happy about eating. 



Boil 3 corn and remove from the cob.
Drain and rinse one can of beans.
Dice one red pepper.
De seed and chop one cucumber.
Dice one shallot.
Half one container of cherry tomatoes.
Toss all ingredients together.

For the dressing:
1/2 Cup good olive oil.
Juice from one lemon.
1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper.
1 clove of garlic, minced.
1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped.
Stir all ingredients together and toss with vegetables, chill for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend together. 











1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!