Monday, June 10, 2013

Flavor Packed Pasta and dealing with negative opinions...

Hope you all had a great weekend, mine was filled with lots of work and hanging with the Boo. He just moved into his first house, so lots of painting and decorating have been taking place. I love every single minute of it! 

If you all recall on Friday I posted a recipe for whole wheat donuts and a short story of Liam and his love for them. Shortly after that was posted I received my first negative comment as a blogger. In short I said that Liam would do anything for a donut, and as a reward for being good during my hair and dentist appointments, he will get a donut. I deleted the comment immediately cause I don't want anything negative on here ever, but after talking to a few people about it they said that I should have left it to see what others have to say. So here is what this person had to say... "this boy has sit through numerous dentist visitsI'm not surprised! If you are feeding him balls of dough smothered in regular sugar - then you are setting yourself up to be your dentists best friend. There has got to be a healthier way to bribe a kid that rot his teeth out of his head. 

My child is given sweets, only during special occasions or times when he deserves it for being good. He doesn't even drink juice, soda, or chocolate milk, mostly regular milk or water. He will choose broccoli over potatoes. So to the person that was so concerned with what I give my child, you should know the whole story before you give your opinion. My child is one of the healthiest kids I know or ever have known, and that's all my doing. 

OK now onto something tasty...

I'm eating really light lately since summer weather is here. I wanted a pasta that had a lot of flavor and some protein. So I came up with a whole wheat pasta tossed in some sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, lemon, and Parmesan cheese. There's also a little cayenne pepper for a nice kick! Its a perfect summer pasta dish. 





Cook and drain pasta, reserving 1/4 Cup of cooking water
Mince garlic
Juice lemon
Drain and rinse beans
Chop sun-dried tomatoes


In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. 
Add garlic cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to avoid browning.
Add spinach, turn heat up to medium-high, and cook to wilted.
Add cooked pasta, beans, sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine.
Add Parmesan cheese, salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice.
Add a little of the reserved pasta water to thin out sauce, if needed.


Enjoy!

Lemon & Cannellini Bean Pasta

Serves 4

1 pound Whole Wheat Pasta
4 Cups Fresh Spinach
1 Can Cannellini Beans
1/4 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
Juice from 1 Lemon
2 T. Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt

 








2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? People are so weird. Just completely ignore people like that as they have nothing either intelligent or nice to contribute. And how you raise your kids is your business. You get creeps on the blog sometimes... guess it's just part of being awesome- you will always have haters :)

    Have a great weekend, love!


    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, does this person just assume that you don't brush Liam's teeth? I potty trained Des with a handful of lollipops everyday! And guess what? Perfect dental report. Haters gonna hate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!