Friday, January 18, 2013

Meeting my goal and some triple berry sweet rolls...

When I first started this blog on Monday my goal was to post at least twice a week. While I am finishing up at the last hour, I'm pleased to have met my goal. I can say that I work well under pressure. All while making these delicious triple berry sweet rolls, I have finished three loads of laundry as well  finished a yarn wreath order as well. Procrastination could be my middle name.

I was once asked what my first food memory was, and it took no thinking time at all. Most of my food memories come from my grandmother's house, Mommo. She had raspberry bushes, a cherry tree, apple trees, pear trees, and rhubarb to name a few things. We used to go to her house everyday in the summer and go swimming, I remember jumping out of the pool and grabbing handfuls of raspberries right off the bushes.



Lots of people I know are intimidated by yeast and making homemade bread, but this recipe is very easy to work with and adaptable with many different fillings. I chose the triple berry cause I had some in the freezer left over from summer. Its like a little taste of summer on this 50 Degree day in January, gotta love Colorado! <3

Triple Berry Sweet Rolls

Dough:
1 Cup Milk
2/3 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Yeast
1 stick Unsalted Plugra, at room temperature 
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour

Filling:
12 ounce frozen Berries
1/3 Cup Sugar

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 pound Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 Stick Butter, room temperature
pinch of Sea Salt
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup Honey

Warm milk and pour over yeast and sugar, in mixing bowl fitted with the dough hook. Let rest for 10-15 minutes until foamy. Add eggs, butter, flour, and salt. Never let salt touch yeast, instant death for your yeast. Start mixer on slow until combined and then high for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a well flour surface and knead by hand for another 4-5 minutes. Place in a well greased bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel until double in size, about 2 hours.

Once risen, roll into rectangle shape of 14 inches by 24 inches.

Toss berries with sugar and cover dough. 

Roll up into a log and cut into 14-16 pieces. Place in a parchment lined baking dish and let rise for another 2 hours, until doubled in size. 

Bake in a preheated 350 Degree oven, for 16-20 minutes rotating half way through baking.

Meanwhile make Cream Cheese frosting by mixing together the butter and cream cheese with the pinch of salt. Once combined, sift powdered sugar over the cheese mixture and combine. Once the sugar is all combined, add honey.

Let sweet rolls cool and frost with the fluffy goodness that is cream cheese frosting.


I hope you give these a try, they really are heaven!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!