The best advice I can give anyone baking either home baker or professional is to always read through the entire recipe before starting, use high quality ingredients, scale all ingredients, and start with room temperature butter and eggs. I pull mine out the night before baking.
The buttercream can be a little tricky, but with a little patience and the right mindset you can pull it off easily. Once again start with room temperature butter and eggs, I cannot emphasize that enough.
- 160 grams cake flour
- 105 grams cocoa powder, preferably Cocoa Barry or some other higher end chocolate
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 315 grams pure cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 ounces unsalted Plugra butter
Melt butter with water and add to dry ingredients.
Mix eggs with buttermilk.
Mix everything together, being careful not to over mix. And let sit to mature for at least 15 minutes.
Bake in a 350 Degree preheated over for 14-16 minutes, rotating half way through cooking time.
- 1 pound unsalted Plugra Butter, room temperature
- 200 grams pure cane sugar
- 60 grams water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 150 grams of egg whites
In a small sauce pan heat water and remaining sugar to 248 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Slowly pour down side of mixing bowl and mix to cool.
Once cool, add butter small amounts at a time. mix until fluffy and add vanilla.