Monday, June 23, 2014

Rosemary Peach Sangria...

Happy Monday! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend, I'm still recouping from my trip to LA. So much fun to share soon. 

I have a quick drink recipe that can be made with or without booze, of course its more festive with booze. Its that time of year when stone fruits like peaches and apricots are amazing and adding them to drinks makes them even more special. 

If you've been reading my blog for awhile them you know my love of combining sweet and savory. Here are a few of my all time favorites...Fig Thyme JamChocolate Thyme Cookies, and Peach Thyme Cobbler. Why stop at desserts when you can add to cocktails, too?! Definitely something your guests will be talking about for awhile.


When making this recipe use ripe fruit, this yields the best outcome. 


Make sure to double or even triple this recipe if serving at a party, the puree can even be made a day ahead. 

Enjoy!

I'm sharing this recipe at Time to Sparkle Link Party.

Peach Rosemary Sangria

serves 4 

1 Bottle White Wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
2 Springs Fresh Rosemary (plus more for garnishment)
6-8 Fresh Peaches 
2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar 
Juice from Half of Lemon
Ice

Peel and dice peaches.
Put peaches, rosemary, agave, and lemon juice in a small pan. Cook on low heat until fruit breaks down, and infusing flavors together. About 5 minutes. 
Remove rosemary springs and chill mixture. 
Depending on consistency of fruit, you may need to blend it. You are looking for a smooth puree.
Add chilled wine and puree to a pitcher, add ice. Adjust sweetness with more agave if you like.
Garnish with rosemary spring.
*Can replace wine with soda water to make nonalcoholic. 



3 comments:

  1. This is right up my alley! I love fruity drinks. I bet it would be delicious to sip on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!