Tuesday, March 4, 2014

National Pancake Day...

Today is National Pancake Day and I don't have a new recipe but a re post. I made these last year and absolutely adore them so much that I had to share them again. Are you helping yourself to some pancakes today?


Place shredded coconut on a baking pan and bake at 350ยบ for about 5 minutes, turning pan half way through. Keep an eye on it, it toasts up fast!




I made a few for Liam without the toasted shredded coconut, I knew he wouldn't care for the texture of it. After his were done I added it to the batter for mine and it was wonderful, added a nice crunch and extra coconut flavor that I was looking for. 

Whether the toasted coconut is added or not the result is a soft, fluffy, and buttery cake. Melts in your mouth, I wish I had doubled this recipe today! Please feel free to add comments, I'm always looking for feedback.  

I'm sharing this recipe on Time to Sparkle Link Party, HERE.

Coconut Pancakes

makes 6 Cakes

1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut, toasted

Sift dry ingredients, add liquid and mix together. 
Place on a heated griddle (medium heat) by 1/3 cup portions.
Once bubbles cover cake, then flip. cook for an additional 2 minutes, until golden brown. 

Serve with more toasted coconut. 

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!