Monday, October 21, 2013

Citrus Herb Roasted Chicken and Blogging...

My morning usually begins with reading my favorite blogs and today was no exception, except I felt a little discouragement from one. The question she asked, "are you reading blogs less?". I'm still new to the blogging world and I love it, I love to share stories, pictures, recipes, DIY, I love it all. I wish I had more time to write posts, but unfortunately I do not. Everything I've done has been a learning process, from taking an OK picture to writing. I'm not the best but hope to one day be a blogger that is followed, I love sharing with you. To the people that follow me, THANK YOU! I hope that you enjoy what I have to say and are making a good meal or a fun DIY. So I will keep on keeping on, BOOM!

Now onto some good food...

Orange, lemon, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and olive oil; whats not to love? I first came across this recipe on Pinterest, via HERE. I've made it a few times and always go back to it, Liam loves it so much. I love the crispy skin and bright rich flavors. Its a go to recipe and could easily be used for entertaining, freezes well if you have leftovers, and is put together in a snap!







Its best to let this marinate overnight, in a gallon size Ziploc bag. All the flavors really develop over a long period of time. 


Tonight I served mashed potatoes, with full fat of course and crispy green beans. 


Any thoughts on the blogging world?



Citrus and Herb Oven Roasted Chicken

Serves 4-6

1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Whole Lemons, one juiced and one sliced
2 Whole Oranges, one juiced and one sliced
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
10-12 pieces chicken legs, about 4 1/2 pounds
1 Medium Onion, thinly sliced (about the size of dime)
1 teaspoon Thyme
1 teaspoon Rosemary
Fresh Herbs for garnish

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, add Chicken. Put chicken and marinade in a gallon size Ziploc bag and let rest for 24 hours. 

Arrange chicken and marinade in a oven safe rectangle dish. 

Preheat oven to 400ยบ F and roasted for 45-60 minutes, or until juices run clear.

Serve with your favorite sides. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!