Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A couple more projects finished...

Hey everyone, hope you all enjoyed your Easter weekend! I did for sure, had a great time with a friend on Saturday evening and spent all Easter day with Liam and my "Colorado Family" up in the mountains.

Its been taking me so long to finish projects lately, cause I keep adding more stuff to my never ending to do list and I start a new project before the last one five are complete...have to work on that!

I gave you all an idea that I was redecorating an ottoman in my post about redoing my table and chairs. I was so stoked when I found this cute chevron fabric and knew it was for my current ottoman. This piece was a thrift store find a few years ago, snagged it for $5 and recovered it with that bright retro fabric. Its seen better days; since Liam uses it for a desk, dining table, and a diving board.

 I'm in love with my curtains that I purchased from Ikea a while back! I took down the awful vertical blinds that are in every apartment in America (shh...don't tell my landlord).



The whole project took me about an hour to do, not including drying time for primer and paint. I just ripped the old fabric off, lightly sanded the legs with 100 grit sand paper, primer, paint, and new fabric.


2 coats of both primer and paint... 



I can't express how much I love it! It really brightens up the space. Next is the chair behind that ottoman, going to get a dark grey fabric, but finishing up everything else I have started. 

I also started and finished something that I wanted should have started 4 years ago and that was Liam's growth chart. I kept coming up on images on Pinterest of giant looking rulers and went with that look, something that will grow along with him as opposed to something cutesy and babyish. 

my new "Lips"print from The AESTATE, sitting in its temporary home...

I started with a bare piece of birch, measuring 6 foot tall, 4 inches wide, and 1 inch thick. Lightly sanded it. Before staining I wrote a special message to him, something that will make cry every time I look at it, HA! 


I applied 2 coats of stain, after its said and done I wish I would have done 3. It has this blueish grey tint to it, that really flows with the rest of the apartment. 


To finish, I painted numbers on with some black acrylic paint and a stencil. It looks really cute and Liam loves getting measured! I'm hoping that he will one day reuse the growth chart for something creative, fingers crossed!

Do you have any projects that you've finished recently?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!