Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Breakfast Smoothie and Saving a Buck...

Mornings around here are pretty relaxed, Liam usually sneaks into bed with me and we cuddle, talk about the dreams we had, he plays a game on my iPhone, and I try to sneak in a couple more minutes of sleep. But some mornings are very rushed, especially school days. We both aren't big on breakfast and eating early, but I always try to get him to eat something. And one of the best and most convenient is a smoothie, just throw it into a cup with a lid and straw and your off.

I try pack as much healthy stuff in these as possible. We all know kids can be picky about veggies, Liam's actually pretty good about them. He loves broccoli, carrots, green beans; I'm actually pretty blessed and amazed at this kid. 

Here's one of our regular smoothies its the Banana, Spinach, Blueberry, and Greek Yogurt. The banana to fill him up, spinach for all the vitamins and nutrients, yogurt for calcium, and blueberries because they are a super food. I know what your thinking, "spinach in a smoothie?" yeah, its awesome, you cannot taste the spinach and it takes it from healthy to super-healthy!


I get most of these ingredients at Costco, saves me a lot of money shopping there every two weeks. I never imagined that I would ever shop at a wholesale store until I started realizing how much money I was saving. And the samples are always a plus! 

I used to be a person that would choose convenience over doing it myself, until I noticed how much money I was throwing away or making other people rich. And one of those areas was the smoothie store, you know which ones I'm talking about..the ones with the long lines and overpriced blended fruit drinks. Well no more my friends, its all about saving a buck or $10. 


What do you do at home that saves you a lot of money?

Banana, Spinach, Blueberry, Yogurt Smoothie

makes 2

1 Cup Frozen Organic Blueberries
Handful of Fresh Organic Spinach
1 Banana
1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt
1 Teaspoon Agave Nectar
1/3 Cup Milk

Place all ingredients in blender and blend up!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!