Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vacation starts and a tradition continues...

As nontraditional as I am there are certain traditions that I will not stray from. The one that I have been doing probably the longest is always a margarita the minute my vacation starts. It all goes back to my first vacation alone. My BFF Joann and I went to San Diego for two straight weeks, I was 19 (shhhh, don't tell anyone) and I remember the best fresh fruit margarita served on the rocks with a salty rim. And that's how it started.

Traditionally, I would clock out and belly up to the nearest watering hole and order "my vacation starts now" Top shelf Margarita on the Rocks with a Salt Rim. But had to rush home to relieve the babysitter, so I opted for things I had on hand at home. While working I kept thinking of this juicy Ruby Red Grapefruit that was waiting for me to cut into and the rest is history. 

See you all next week, leaving the snow and cold of Colorado to hit the sun and surf of Florida! 

What are some of your traditions?

Ruby Red Grapefruit Margarita

makes 1 

1/2 of fresh Grapefruit 
1/2 of fresh Lime
2 oz. Tequila
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1 1/2 teaspoons Agave Nectar
Squeeze citrus fruits in cocktail shaker, add remaining ingredients and a handful of ice and shake real good! Strain into salt rimmed martini glass and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!