Monday, June 16, 2014

Cantaloupe-Coconut Popsicles and Eating Healthy...

Eating healthy is a challenge for a lot of people, especially for someone like me. I'm a classically trained pastry chef. I love full flavor; cream, butter, bread, fat! I can't help it, it warms my soul. Recently my doctor informed me that I needed to watch my sugar levels, I'm not diabetic, yet. So in an effort to take control of my health I have started eating and drinking healthier. I've drastically changed what and how I eat and cook; its definitely time to get creative. This recipe is my first attempt at keeping sweets in my life...without sweets I'm not a nice complete person.


These were so easy to whip up, and with only 4 ingredients it makes them that much better. 


I'm excited to try new flavors and texture combinations throughout summer, stay tuned for that!


Liam loved these some much, even better when the kiddos love healthy! I'm trying to get the whole family involved with my new found "healthy" lifestyle. And since I'm the main cook, I don't think that will be an issue. I'm already sneaking super healthy stuff in Liam's oatmeal, shhhh don't tell him!


Any healthy suggestions for me?

Cantaloupe-Coconut Popsicles

makes about 5

1/2 of a Ripe Cantaloupe
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1/2 of Lime, juiced
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar *see note*

Peel, seed, and chop cantaloupe.
Put in blender with coconut milk, lime juice, and agave nectar; blend until smooth.
Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.

*NOTE* Agave can be omitted if your cantaloupe is super sweet, or more added if not sweet enough.
I buy super fragrant melons to ensure they are at their peak of sweetness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!