Thursday, April 24, 2014

One Room Challenge...Week 4

We are in the second half of the One Room Challenge, WELCOME BACK! Thank you all so much for your support, I cannot believe the amount of people that have encouraged me throughout this journey. So many rockstar bloggers and designers have stopped by and made this experience that much better; THANK YOU! 

This past weekend the wood paneled wall was installed and I couldn't have done it without the help of my Boo's Stepdad, Rod...the man is AMAZING! It looks so much better than I ever imagined, every time I look at it it puts the biggest smile on my face. I am behind happy with the results. Rod, if you happen to read this little blog (which I highly doubt you do) THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN! I love the wall! 


This beauty didn't go in without trouble though. We realized that there wasn't enough room between the toilet and the wall for the wood panels, so my sweet Boo switched toilets between our bathrooms.  It was more work than we anticipated and he is now a professional toilet installer. Love you, Boo. 

I have to admit, I'm not worried about time or the amount of projects I have left. I do work well under pressure and can multitask like a mofo. 

The only major projects left are painting our vanity that was upstairs that we are moving downstairs. I'm debating painting it just plain old white or doing a white chalk paint...any suggestions? And painting the hardware gold, of course.


I still need to finish the tray makeover, some DIY art, storage, and accessorize. 

Make sure to check out all the amazing work going on!





19 comments:

  1. Wow, the wall looks so good Jen! I'm not sure what I'd do for the vanity paint, maybe go back and check your inspiration pics and see if there is a common thread with the vanities you like. Have fun this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the plank wall! It looks amazing! I have never used ASCP but everyone who has ever used it says it looks amazing and goes on "like butta" - AND without any prep! I think it comes in great colors also. You have great taste so whatever you decide will be great!
    Shelia
    www.houseofhighlands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelia! I'm looking forward to getting this all finished so I can soak in that tub!

      Delete
  3. That wall looks amazing!! Can't wait to see the whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the wall looks absolutely fantastic. I'm impressed by your can-do attitude. You are gonna rock this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wall looks amazing! I can't wait to see the finale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great wall. There are so many options for your sink, too. I guess it depends on what color is speaking to you. I can't wait to see what you decide, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jen! I just love that wall. The wood grain in the planks is amazing! Also, that vanity is a "dream" for me:-) I do love it as is, but believe it would still look lovely painted white. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm debating leaving it as is...one less thing to do, LOL!

      Delete
  8. I love that paneled wall. All the knots in the wood give it such great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wall…this is so exciting for me! I don't have a lot of experience painting furniture, but I've heard good things about chalk paint. Supposedly, it allows you to paint without sanding, and that is a major bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I found a DIY chalk paint that I may do. Stay tuned...

      Delete
  10. That wall is so impressive. I have never used the chalk paint, so I am no help. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!