Monday, September 2, 2013

Quinoa for lunch and ready for school to start...

First recipe post in months and the first for the fall season. I'm really looking forward to fall, the weather has been cooling off a little here and change is in the air. Liam starts school on Wednesday and we are both looking forward to it. I'm ready to get back on a more routine schedule, which means more time for blogging too, YAY!!!

One of my favorite things is quinoa, its such a quick thing to make and you can incorporate so many different ingredients to create many healthy dishes. This recipe happens to be something I eat on the regular, I almost have all these things ready to go and its great to make ahead of time and take it with you on the go, enjoy hot or cold.




I actually prepare a lot of food on Monday's and have everything ready to eat. I find doing this saves so much time throughout the week, as well as money; less trips out when I'm feeling too lazy to cook dinner.

I have been eating quinoa for years, way before it became popular. You can read about all the health benefits HERE. Like I said, You can throw in many different ingredients to create your own dish.

Quinioa in its uncooked form.



Hot Quinoa Lunch

makes 1 serving

1 Cup Quinoa, Cooked
1/2 Sweet Potato, Cooked and Diced
Handful of Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
1/2 Avocado, Diced
2 Hard-boiled Eggs, diced
Goat Cheese
Olive Oil, or any healthy oil that you prefer
Cracked Pepper, to taste




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!