Monday, June 3, 2013

The Neiman Marcus Cookie and whats been happening in my crazy life...

Hello everyone! I hope that you are enjoying the start of summer, I know that we are around here. Things have been crazy awesome in my life. I'm now only working one job, for the past 3 1/2 years I have had at least two jobs, sometimes three. And I'm so happy about that fact that I only have to focus on one now, I can finally breathe and sleep.

Liam finished school a couple weeks ago, it was bittersweet. I've seen so much growth from him in his first year of preschool, its amazing! His teachers loved him, he was described as a fair friend and always up for an adventure. I'm so proud of my baby! We plan on doing a lot of fun outdoor stuff this summer, camping at the top of the list. Its just him, me, and the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Can't wait to share our adventures with you guys.

And probably the most exciting thing is that I found love. I have been single for the past 3 1/2 years and I have found someone that makes me so happy. He's the most honest, sweetest, reliable person that has come into my life in a very long time. It was all very unexpected, I wasn't "looking" for anyone, and in comes the missing piece to my puzzle. We have shared so many great times together and I only look forward to more. I love you, Boo!

Part of the reason I have been MIA lately is because I haven't been feeling like baking or creating. I've had so much on my mind that one more thing couldn't possibly fit. But I'm excited to be back, hopefully full swing before I know it.

Now, on to baking...

A couple weeks ago a coworker told me about the Neiman Marcus cookie recipe, hers were unsuccessful and she was asking for some pointers. I've seen this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give them a try. I really like this recipe, it was equally nutty, chocolaty, and chewy.


This recipe made a lot of dough, made about 4 dozen large cookies. I think these would be perfect to bring along to a BBQ.


The oats in this recipe are ground to a flour. Just put oats in food processor or blender. This gives the cookie their chewy texture. And as always, start with room temperature ingredients. I pull mine out the night before baking.



Cream both sugars and butter together, scraping bowl down.
Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after each addition. 
Add vanilla
Add flour, ground oatmeal, walnuts, and chocolate chips and combine.


Scoop cookies and shape into disc form. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in preheated 350ยบ F oven for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.

Keep in an airtight container for 3 days. I warmed mine up in the microwave for 20 seconds, wrapped up in paper towel.




Neiman Marcus Cookie

makes about 4 dozen medium sized cookies

2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats, make into a flour
2 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Cup Butter, at room temperature
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 Eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon Vanilla
12 ounces Semisweet Chocolate Chips
4 ounces Milk Chocolate
1 1/2 Cups Walnuts, chopped





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!