Monday, February 11, 2013

A week of Love and a yarn wreath...

Today starts a week of love in our home, we have many parties and events planned and are excited to share them with you. I get all sorts of excited when the stores start putting out the Valentine's Day inventory. And this year was no different, except I wanted to make all the stuff that I would have normally spent money one. This past Christmas I got into making yarn wreaths for my friends and coworkers started placing orders themselves. Last week I put together this wreath to go with all the other crafts I have been working on.

Start with a Styrofoam wreath and wrap in whatever colors you choose, I wanted all red and white to match my vases that I re purposed a few posts back. So half was wrapped in red yarn and the other half in white. The flowers are the most time consuming, but the most fun to make. Cut felt in different size circles and then cut a spiral shape into that circle, leaving a quarter size circle in the center.

Wrap the felt up, starting from the outside until you reach the quarter sized circle in the center. Then hot glue together. I added pearls to the centers of the flowers to jazz it up a bit and used different scissors for different shapes and textures. Use your imagination and have fun with it.


Once you have all your flowers done now comes the fun part of arranging them onto your wreath. I recommend figuring out the placement before hot gluing them down.

Have you made any crafts for your home or sweetie?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!