Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Coconut Chicken and one of my BFFs...

I'm here to share a recipe that my dear friend Jen shared with me. Before I get into cooking I wanted to talk about Jen. 

Jen and and her husband Tobin are part of my "Colorado Family", they are some of the best people a person could ask for. When I was going through a really rough time they opened their home to me and Liam until I got on my feet. Never once did I feel pressure to hurry up and leave or that my then small son were a hassle. Every holiday we spend together and its some of the best times ever! 

Jen is like my #1 supporter, she reads all my blog posts and claims to love it, LOL! And she encourages me with how amazing she is too everyone she meets. She is a rockstar for sure! 

I love you JEN!!!


Ok, now onto some Coconut Chicken! 


This chicken is so good! Juicy and tender and packed with flavor. What more could you ask for? I tweaked her original recipe a little bit. 


This recipe is best served with a sweet and spicy salsa, you can certainly make your own but store bought will work just as good. 


A perfect summer time recipe to share with your BFF! 

Coconut Chicken with Salsa

Serves 4

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, pounded thin
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
Zest from 1 Lime
Salt
Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Garlic Powder
1/4 Cup Canola or Coconut Oil

Start by pounding chicken breasts thin.
Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Mix eggs with coconut milk.
Combine shredded coconut and panko, and add lime zest to it.
Dredge the chicken breasts through the flour, tapping of any excess.
Next dip into egg and coconut milk mixture.
Finally ending with the coconut panko mixture, pressing chicken into mixture to ensure it sticks.
Heat oil on medium heat, once hot add chicken and cook until browned. Please use caution as the coconut will burn fairly fast. Flip over and cook on other side until fully cooked.

Set on paper towel lined plate to absorb and extra oil.

Top with your favorite salsa...I used a Mango Passion Fruit Salsa, but a Pineapple salsa would work great too. Anything that is tropical with a little heat!

Enjoy!








3 comments:

  1. I don't just "claim" to love your blog posts - I do! Thanks for giving me some props! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well HELLO, Anonymous...I love you and will always give you props!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!